In accordance with the conditions of the funding we have provided below brief details of our summer school. Our summer school ran for 10 days between 26/07/21 to 06/08/21.
Academy staff worked alongside some external providers to deliver the overall summer school programme.
The overall cost of the summer school per student was £59.70 for the 10 days.
The programme provided students with the opportunity to take part in activities to support transition to secondary school this included;
- Wellbeing and mindfulness training.
- Dance and drama opportunities.
- Math’s, English, Geography and Science lessons
- Cookery classes.
- Fitness activities.
- Arts and crafts.
- Sport and exercise opportunities
- Extra-curricular offer during the school day
Funding was also allocated to support the following,
- Marketing to inform and register students for the Summer School programme.
- Catering for all students and staff attending the programme.
- Cleaning of the school
- Resources used during 2 week program
- Student transport.
- Student leader support.