All pupils at Staindrop Academy, including those with SEN&D, are actively encouraged to voice their opinions or concerns when the need arises. There are a variety of ways pupils can do this:
- The first point of contact is the tutor who meets with their tutees daily.
- Year Leaders are attached to each year group and are available throughout the day to speak with pupils. They remain with their Year group for the whole of a pupil’s time at Staindrop.
- Often pupils will speak directly to their teachers who will escalate concerns to the appropriate member of staff.
- SEN&D pupils will have a HLTA link teacher with whom they can communicate freely at any time.
- SEN&D pupils are actively involved in annual reviews and support plan review meetings.
- With regard to safeguarding issues, the whole school procedure will be followed to overcome any issues.
- Additional support is also available to some pupils from professionals such as counsellors and the Educational Health Needs Team
At various points through the school year, feedback is gathered through reviews, HLTA link meetings and questionnaires. This helps us to gather feedback on SEN&D provision as well as whole school initiatives.